Carpet Carousel is proud to be affiliated with Clean Carpets of New England. In business for over 28 years, Clean Carpets of New England is an IICRC Certified Professional Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner following the published cleaning standards.
For professional Service or advice call
Clean Carpets Of New England
The Five Step Cleanup
For most common food and beverage spills
What you need:
- A Scooping utensil
- Clean white towel or absorbent cloth
- A sponge
- A bucket of cold water
- Non-bleach mild colorless detergent
- A heavy weight or press
- Scoop up as much of the spill as possible. Blot the excess with a clean white towel or paper towel. Don’t rub! (Blot from the outer edge toward the center to keep spill from spreading.) Continue to blot until the spill is removed.
- Using a clean white towel, apply cold water to stain. Gently rub deep into pile from left to right and right to left. Blot until dry.
- If the stain remains, apply a solution of water and mild non-bleach detergent (one table spoon to one quart of water) over the entire stain and to the bottom of the pile. Blot.
- Rinse with cold water until all the detergent is removed. Gently rub deep into the pile from left to right and right to left. Blot thoroughly until no longer soapy and to prevent bacterial growth. Repeat steps 2, 3 and 4 until the stains is gone.
- Absorb the remaining moisture with a few layers of clean white cloth or towels weighted down for several hours. When carpet is dry, vacuum to restore the textures.